I Tried

It's been almost two years
that I've had to live through one of my fears
I never thought I'd have to live without you
it's not just your fault but mine too

We both did our part
now we live apart

We've missed so much of each other's lives now
I don't care if we ever find a how
A solution to this mess
I don't want to stress
Not anymore, I can't do it
please, let's just quit
I don't want to hide
or indulge my pride
I just want my friend back
just want to get back on track

For so long, I tried my life without you
it wouldn't work, I knew
I lost part of myself when I lost you
lost my perspective, my joyful view

A life without joy left me raw
after that, I noticed every single flaw
That wasn't your fault, I know
an explanation, I owe

I miss your voice everyday
there's always something new I want to say

I've already lost so many people I care about
it's up to you, so I'll give you an out
If its what you want, I'll never contact you again
even though you were important to me when
But if you're willing to talk
it won't turn back the clock


Maybe it will help us move on
before the friendship we had is gone...

Comments

Popular Posts