A Journey For More

I am a lost girl
with no wings to unfurl

Oh, how I wish for a big silver set
it would be worth it, no matter the debt
Then I could soar through this fog
far from here, all the way to Prague

Exploring places all over the map
no time to rest, no time for a nap
The desire never runs dry
inspiration strikes and I take to the sky
Flying free
so much to see
No time to waste
oh, the cultures I'll taste

Just a matter of time, I'll find a good fit
it will be the first time, I'll admit
I've always felt out of place
everyday it's something I face
That my soul has no home
feeling out each place I roam
Searching for somewhere I belong
somewhere that doesn't feel so wrong
Like I'm betraying myself just by standing still
being up high, I've always felt a thrill
Sneaking up to the roof, I stay for hours
enjoying those late night phone calls of ours

A blanket of stars
to heal my scars

My headphones drown everything out
but I don't want quiet, I want to shout
To pour out my heart, everything I feel
but oh, how the moments silence can steal
It can make all the difference, just one word
through the ink, I can make myself heard

The words flow out of me
a floodgate opened by a key
Helping me discover who I am
trying to figure out if I'm worth a damn
I'm not a perfect soul
my mission is to make myself whole
Trying to be the person you once  knew
maybe I'll find joy in the things I loved to do

This new dream is better than the first
giving me hope that I'm not cursed
Letting me know that life is a quest
a journey, until it's time to rest
Until it feels right
and the future looks bright
Finally, I want for things
excited for all that life brings
I'm not going through the motions anymore
because I know exactly what I'm looking for
A life, a home, somewhere I belong
a life full of tragedy feels so long

This isn't all I want my legacy to be
I want more,  I want to feel free

More than a memory or a lost thought
to be forgotten, this would all be for naught
A wasted effort to find more
for myself and the people I adore

The kind of life I want to build
where all of us are fulfilled
It's essential, it's how we survive
and hopefully, begin to thrive
It would be a paradise found
the most beautiful land around

A special place
of sacred space

Where all the pieces align
and our destinies entwine
Finally, a home to go back to
think of all we made it through
We were shattered and lost
because of what our lives cost
Cast out of our homes, with nowhere to go
never thought I'd sink this low
I'm done falling now
as is my vow

From my ashes, I'll rise
you'll see fear disappear from my eyes

I'll be standing tall
out of ashes fell
Out of the shadows
I've risen from below
Shiny and new
finally through



No longer on the run
our journey is done...

Comments

Popular Posts