For The Best

This is an poem an old friend wrote. I never could really understand what made him come up with this.

This poem is about a boy who keeps the weight of the world
on his shoulders, who takes everyone's problems and makes
them his own. He expects too much of himself and decides to give up.

One sad cold night
 a boy sat in his chair
Picked up a gun
 as he ran his fingers through his hair
He sat and cried as he thought
 everything that's happened
Has been all my fault
 he said if I was gone
This would all be better
 and he told her
" I love you now more than ever."
 he said " Trust me this is for the best, you'll see, cause after I'm gone no more fighting, you'll be free."
He grabbed a bullet
 and put it in the gun
Said, " I love you so much
 but now I have to run."
He said, " I'm sorry I can't take this anymore.
 I've let down so many people
I wish I could go back to before."
 he hung up and pulled the trigger
Looked down at the his chest
 as the pain grew bigger
His eyes filled with tears
 they started to pour
As soon as his family ran in
 he fell to the floor.

Comments

Popular Posts