Torn Between Two

Us...it happened didn't it? It was all real
bittersweet are these emotions I feel
It wasn't a dream, was it?
and now it's real; our split
Heartbroken for a while
but now, finally, I smile
Remembrance sets in
friends we've always been
But never did I think that we would again be here
nevertheless this day I will not shed a tear
Once again there is bounce in my stride
and this day makes a day I haven't cried
To the world I cast intently hopeful eyes
hope after heartbreak may make me wise
Cautious hope? Is that what moving on feels like?
another guy in my life, in love, well I say psych
I wouldn't be ready for that
nothing serious, maybe chat
So many things we do the same way
slowly excitement rises to it's bay
I feel like maybe I will love once more
a man so deep and connecting I will love for
This love is so fierce; so pure
and now there can be no cure
Too far gone carrying these ferocious affections
so deranged they are; pulling in all directions
this new love is like fire
but a predicament so dire
To be in love with you both; torn between two
quite impossible to decide...no idea what to do
With love for two in my heart how could I choose?
I need to choose, time is running out, a burning fuse
The pain stinging still but he will always be the love of my life
with this other man I see no future; I know I will not be his wife
Realization sinks in and I know this has to end
but I will not lie and say you can be my friend
Too painful, too confusing this would be
this I know to be true, this is the key
Saying goodbye to this deep and connecting man
this is the right thing, I'm sorry, but this is my plan
Can you understand? Can you see?
that this decision is killing me
Somewhere deep in my heart there will be a little spot reserved for you
and that will be your dwelling place, that this would happen all along I knew
Forever and Always this would never be true
sorrow is here in my heart but we are still through
Forgiving me would be impossible for the things I've done
my heart still clings to the  thought that you are the one
The one I love, the one I run to
and in my heart this is still true
The heat and passion of your kiss
this will be something to miss
No longer torn between two
now I know what I should do...

Comments

Popular Posts