Memory Lane

From meeting him at that church
to living on this street called Birch
Going to the same school
girls using him like hes a tool
Why don't we take a walk down memory lane?
Once again going through all the joy, mystery, and pain
Back to the day I got a tap on my knee
with a note saying," Will you go out with me?"
I remember telling him I had to think
saying yes to him after just a blink
Finally, someone to care for and be cared by
he was so sweet sometimes i had to cry
Two days later, we had our first fight
thinking at the end of the tunnel there's no light
From another's lips I heard the heart breaking tale
after hearing it my face was starting to pale
Tears streaming down my face I left with haste
saying, " Never again shall our fingers be laced."
We made up but didn't act as if nothing took place
with uncertainty I would always look into his face
And see all the feelings he sometimes tried to hide
especially when I was there by his side
But from that first kiss, a new love was shared
from that day forward, our souls were bared
Every secret shared with the other
but great concern was on the heart of the mother
Why don't we take a walk down memory lane?
once again going through all the joy,confusion, and pain
Arguments and fights ablaze
She thought it was just a phase
Had no idea how wrong she was
life went on, the way it always does
Fingers laced, once again, under the table
life so perfect it seemed like a fable
With a unique beginning, a complicated middle and a happily ever after
not yet an end, but life with lots of laughter
Except for classes we were almost inseparable
everyday we shared was memorable
Imprinted in our hearts, a treasure, yet so normal
so accustomed to the other no need to be formal
Thought that by now, four years later, he'd be gone
and yet still we can stay up talking til the lights of dawn
There were rough times, times when we didn't talk at all, sometimes for days
somehow we always found our way back through many different ways
Our way back to what we used to be
our way back to what we used to see
When we would look at each other we used to see
honesty, sincerity, tenderness and trust,love, just you and me
 This story, so much to tell, still just the start
this story is not in a book but in a heart
A heart that has had so much to say
but has remained silent to this very day
This heart does not speak but does act
better to act than to speak, a good fact
Not yet does this story have an end
still has a twist a turn and a bend
Why don't we take a walk down Memory Lane?
once again going through all the mistakes, love, and pain
Isn't it worth it? love, innocent, passionate, trusting and faithful as a dove
all of these may be important but the greatest of these is love....

-Brenna
I wrote this about a love that has survived and is still surviving through all the problems, all the mistakes. Love isn't the easiest thing to hold onto but it is the most valuable. Love conquers all. I hope all of you liked the poem and if you want you can drop me a line as always I would love the read.

Comments

Popular Posts