Until Then

Time for this speech, time for this part,
symbolizing the parting of two hearts.
Two souls once entwined,
breaking a once unbreakable bind.
Once upon a time is never a true story,
and now this heart, so gory.
Bleeding so profusely,
holding my heart loosely.
Trying to hold out hope,
my mind sliding down a slope.

A race with no end,
no twist, turn or bend.

Until Then, when I see you there,
Until Then, this pain I will bear.
Just to see you once more,
is the only thing at night I pray for.
My life, my mind going insane,
trying to pick up the pieces again.
My broken heart I will mend,
hoping that one day you'll call me friend.
So that at least I'll be in your life,
even if not as the role of  your wife.
I'll take what I can get,
until one day, I repay my debt.

Earning your trust back,
so that your heart I can track.

Until Then, when I see you there,
Until Then, for  you, only, I'll be here.
Having a fight with your girlfriend, you run to me,
as much as it hurts, no matter what, here I'll be.
Venting to me; he wonders if she loves him,
spilling all he feels, now my heart so grim.
Keeps wondering if he should end this,
and enter back into this bottomless abyss.
Back into the fights and the pain,
where there is never anything to gain.
Our love is the definition of insanity,
anticipating a new result it tries again, full of intensity.
The next day he said it was a moment of weakness,
and next thing I know my soul dissolves into madness.
I can't believe you would drag me on this ride,
a rollercoaster ride and now I know to decide.

If I should fight for something that might burn,
destroying all in it's wake or should I return.

Until Then, when all the questions are resolved,
Until Then, we will not be involved.
Maybe, one day, when we can make this work,
one day, when in the road there's no fork
When we are both on the same page,
maybe, one day, at a different age.
We will come together with trust and love,
and patience that will come from above.

Until Then, the day I see you,
wishing you well is what I'll do...




Memory Lane,
Goodbye,
Torn Between Two,

and now the fourth installment of this poetic series
Until Then

I am Brenna Quiroz and this is my series.
Until next time! See you guys!
If you like it drop me a line.
As always, I would enjoy the read.


Comments

Popular Posts