Ending of an Era

As with the ending of an era
comes the running of mascara
Shedding tears of a friendship once so strong
made of years that felt so remarkably long
tied at the hip was how we always were
we were sisters and I really miss her
Do you remember that person you used to be?
the best friend, the sister, that I used to see
I remember who that person was
her heart is in everything she does
Helping people, being there for them was her passion
so was all the fabulous and latest fashion
With a heart so big, she had time for all
anytime she would catch you when you fall
Such beauty in the heart it made people stop and stare
but this person you have become is too much to bear
Seeing you act this horribly to the people you love
the only thing I can do to help is pray to God above
What happened to that girl I used to know?
I never knew you could stoop this low
To the level I never thought you would go
to outsiders you sure have put on a show
Breaking the hearts of people you hold dear
even though for you they are always here
Whether the time was happy or sad
whether the time was good or bad
They were there helping you pick a dress for prom
and even though sometimes you fought with mom
Everyday she was there for you
and for me; life lived on through
Now all of that is done and gone
all your fault you're the only one
Who could have stopped this ending of sisterhood
you, you could have kept this friendship going good
About this ending you have been and are in denial
I know what's been going on, don't put me on trial
I won't defend the things you do
not lately, that may make you blue
I can't seem to be sad about losing you, the old you
yes that girl I will miss but I will not miss the two
This girl that is so oblivious to the fact
you're losing a friend but you think its an act
Just messing around or playing a joke
a moment of clarity; from a dream I awoke
A change so big I staggered from it
my heart breaking from a blow or a hit
I have just just lost a sister, a friend
somehow, I know this is the end
The ending of an era, a significant amount of time
this friendship, over the years, has been a climb
When it becomes real
I will start to heal
Can I face the end?
losing my best friend
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger
I can do this but I wish we were friends longer
This is for the best
please leave out all the rest
of those feelings saying this is a mistake
I can't keep putting myself through this heartache
Remember the good times
but don't forget the bad times
For they teach you things
peace to the mind it brings
The meaningful endings are full of pain
but just think of how much you can gain
by letting go; getting away
now no area can be grey
there is only black and white
please, about this, don't fight
Just smile and be the girl you were meant to be
the girl I'll miss, be you, this is my only plea
and now everything is so clear
Goodbye to us, to you, my dear

Comments

Popular Posts